Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, excuses...

Was that me? Could it really have been? Could I really have done that?

Surely you are joking...There's no way that I could have done that! I mean, really, come on.

Oh? You have proof? You saw the whole thing? I can't escape?

There's no way...Well, that's me, for sure. I guess I can't hide it now.

I make those excuses all the time before God. Sometimes, I just can't understand how I could do something so despicable, and so wrong right in front of Him. It's a sobering reminder: that is, God is there whenever we sin. He's on the side, watching us fall. He looks on with contempt and anger towards what we do. God hates disobedience (sin). He hates when his children disobey.

God, thank you so much for not striking me down right there! Thank you so much for dealing with this fruitless growth with forgiveness and love! Thank you so much for not condemning me to wrath!

God looks on me with love and patience. Shouldn't I do the same for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment