So, today, I've noticed something about myself, I'm not a very nice person. I say this because if I said out loud everything that goes on in my mind, I could be defined as a very rude, heartless person. Even some of the things I say portray that.
For instance, I'm still having trouble with this whole forgiveness thing. I think its because I feed my hatred with coming up with reasons to hate and pick on her. I complain about her to everyone else. Thankfully though, they've learned that this is wrong and are helping to keep me accountable to tame what I say about her. Its essentially gossip and its wrong.
I also haven't been very gracious with the little brother. It can be hard when all he does is pick on me and constantly hurt my pride. I just want him to stop and be good. I guess I'm expecting him to be perfect. I get irritated with him easily because of this. I'm judging him because of his sins against me. This goes back to the whole forgiveness thing again...
God forgave me, why can't I forgive them.
I also noticed today that I have been judging others according to their ability and the effort they put into their work. How can I judge them, when I do the same thing? I called my brother a hypocrite today. When saying that, I realized, I am one too.
I make all the same mistakes that everyone else does. I am lazy and delay doing things that I should be doing. I do things that I shouldn't do. I don't do things that I should do.
"Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."
--Romans 2:1
So, I'm only condemning myself. The only one who deserves to judge is God.
Another thing, I'm lazy, just like everyone else. Pastor Benner preached on Sunday about his devotion to God. He compared the time he spends reading the Bible to the time he spends flossing, which was about once a month. I could say about myself that I am just as bad at remembering God as he is, if not worse. But there I go comparing again...
I end up judging myself too. In reality, we are all equal. The only difference is that those of us who believe and trust in Jesus Christ are forgiven and our sins are erased. To rightfully judge someone, you must be perfect. God is the only one who fills that requirement. He is the only one that can rightfully judge, without sin getting in the way.
As humans, we judge unjustly, our sinful nature always, ALWAYS gets in the way.
If we could just stop judging each other, we'd have a much happier world, and maybe we'd actually get along.
But of course, that's impossible, so we'll just rely on God's grace to save us.
God's grace, that is what can make us perfectly happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment