Recently, I had been doubting the life of our youth group. I was thinking that it was fading away. Up until Christmas break, hardly anyone was coming and I was starting to feel discouraged. I was also not realizing how good of a youth pastor we have. I was doubting God and blaming Him for not giving us a "good enough" youth pastor.
Well, was I proved wrong!!
I love it! Last week, 21 people showed up at youth group, when before it had been maybe 10. Tonight it was even more! And I learned a lot about Mr. Richard today and what a good youth pastor he is and how he thinks about us and cares for the group. He wants to see us grow. He is very smart theologically and taught us a good lesson on Ruth and Naomi and how Naomi was a messenger to Ruth and had an impact on her faith. I'm really proud of Mr. Richard. He is a messenger too. Today during co-op, he really ministered to Rowan. While I sat and listened (because I'm more of a listener), he and Rowan got into a discussion about her faith, and he really explained a lot of things to her. He's even going to be giving her a book to go through and will be meeting with her every other week to go over it with her. What a witness!
I think I really underestimated him...
Now before I go idolizing Mr. Richard, let me recenter my argument, speech, essay, whatever you want to call it, since I got off on that tangent.
God really proved me wrong. He really did.
I was telling myself that the youth group was going to die down and no one would ever come anymore. God has caused the youth group to grow, just as I was doubting. I was doubting Mr. Richard's ability as a youth pastor, and I was proved wrong.
God opened my eyes to see that He really is blessing me. And He's helping me to realize that I'm not in charge and that He has everything under control. I'm not the one to run my life, He is.
I just think its really amazing, that, when I was doubting God, He proved me wrong and revitalized my faith! And He will continue to do that over and over again. I might not always like it, or like the fact that I'm being proved wrong, but it will help my faith to grow and for me to become more dependent on Him.
Thank You God! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment