Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to School

Lately, I've been neglecting making time for God. I think about Him every day, but not enough. I don't apply my faith in Him to my life in a very direct way. I've been putting off getting to know Him and worship him, and instead replacing that with selfish motives. I've been spending more time "devoting" myself to other people. Being devoted to other people is not a bad thing in and of itself, but when you replace God with them, they become idols.

Now that I'm back to school, its going to get much harder, and I pray that I would have the motivation to keep my mind focused on God, and talking to Him constantly throughout the day. I have to make sure that I'm not lazy, like I have been over the past few weeks. When I wasn't busy and didn't have any homework to occupy my time, I didn't make time for God. Now, I have to make time for Him in the midst of stress and work. But this is when I need Him most and need to be focused on Him the most.

This may sound like I'm talking in circles, but only God can change my devotion to Him and make it better. Only God can reach into my heart and change me. I do need to work to change, but God will be the one to put it on my heart to pursue Him every single day.

"So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth."
--1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment