Monday, January 4, 2010

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is a powerful thing.

It is the reason we can live our daily lives without fear, because we know we have a Savior. We deserve hell. Without forgiveness, that is what we would get. But because God forgives us, we do not have to fear hell. We can live with the peace that passes all understanding. The peace that we will spend an eternity worshiping God for His amazing grace!

If Christ was willing to die in order to forgive us, why is it so hard for us to forgive each other? Why is it so hard to forget the hurt that others have caused us? I mean, we hurt God every day by disobeying Him, and yet, He is able to forgive us. Amazing...

How could we be so selfish?! We are shown amazing grace, and yet, we cannot give the slightest amount of grace to other people. I don't know why, but its hard to forget the harm that people have caused me. I can't put it behind me. I can't let go. I can't.

Here is what I said that night, "I don't get along with you as a friend, but I still love you as a person."

Did I really mean that? I don't think I really did. What was it, pity for her tears, perhaps? I haven't forgiven.

"For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions."
--Matthew 6:14-15

Now, this is a scary thought, and I'm not completely sure what it means. But if it is straight forward and means what it says, than I'm essentially toast If I can't forgive. I must forgive, or I won't be forgiven. If not for the reason of being saved from Death, but for the love of my Father, may I forgive.

I want to please Him, so why don't I start by forgiving?

Writing things out really does help you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment