A thing as simple as a "thank you."
As small as a "hello!"
As large as an anniversary.
All largely forgotten, unnoticed.
Love is a hard thing,
but it can be so simple.
Excuse after excuse comes;
Love is desired, but not given.
Care and affection
Do not pair with submission.
Love is not asked for,
Love is selfless.
Love is not demanded,
Compassion should not be a stipulation.
Do I love?
Do I care?
Do I reciprocate?
Do I give?
Would I make such accusations,
On love, desire, and compassion,
Without first consulting myself?
Knowing;
Doing.
(Two separate things.)
They are so good!
(Together.)
Selflessness;
Compassion;
Generosity;
Humility;
Devotion;
Hope;
Trust;
They are so excellent!
But,
Better together.
(Love.)
Rebekah, I can't explain why I act the way that I do. I wish that I could never hurt, could never selfishly desire, could never boast; but, I can't. I wish for a lot of "things," but how often will I work for "things?" Better yet, I am am given such "things," how often will I appreciate such "things?" A frequent tragedy, such is the case with each blessing I receive. I may appreciate something for a little while, but I distract myself way, only to forget what it was. Rebekah, you are such a blessing. You really are. As a cure for loneliest, a helper for the worst, and a keeper of the greatest of beasts, you do a very good job. But, your efforts will often go unnoticed. Yet, you still give; you devote yourself to this cause. I'd say that you must have to love me, or else this all would seem crazy! You care for me in a special, and unique way, reminiscent (a taste) of our Father's.
I hereby challenge myself to love you the same!
I give heed to this need, not of greed, but to lead.
And I plead, that by deed, I'd succeed to feed,
Her heart, her soul, her body, her mind,
through art, not drole, not shoddy, through rhyme.
This is catchy, it's quick
But the point, is still thick.
To love the girl, and not himself,
This man desires, a struggle itself.
I don't love to hurt,
else my my face in the dirt.
Buried so deep,
no one would weep.
So I'm keepin', not creepin', tryin' to "leap in".
Into my promise, my love: what's sent, from above.
This blessing, this gift, since the time (it's swift).
I love you Rebekah :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment