Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Excellence of Love

So, I realize that neither of us have been very good about writing in the blog recently. To recenter the aspect that this blog is to help the two of us in growing and sharing our thoughts and our devotions, and to recenter it on God, I just want to put up one simple, yet deep and profound passage of Scripture:

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."
--1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, 13

This is the guideline for a relationship that glorifies the Lord, and I pray that we can do what we can to try and follow this guideline. I love you, Joshua. And I want to learn to love you more and more in the 1 Corinthians 13 way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment