Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Year and a Half

God is so good. :)

Isn't it amazing what an adventure He has brought us through? From that first "Amen," God has had His hand on the both of us. He has blessed me so much by placing such a special man into my life whom I love so much!

It went from the Amen, to you coming to my play, to a whole conversation over facebook that lasted about a month or so, and the excitement that i felt when you asked me out for dinner with you and your friends.

I can still remember that first date, Abby and Jenna trying to make me look as pretty as possible by putting pounds of makeup on my face. I can clearly remember waiting for a half an hour wondering if you'd blown me off, but knowing that you're not the kind of person who would do that. I laugh at remembering the little bread man you made with the napkin hat. I remember how nervous I was talking with you in the car and hoping that I didn't sound too nervous. I remember sitting in the theater watching Twilight, and feeling a bit awkward. I remember sharing our faith while we waited for my dad to come rescue us from the ice at 1:00 in the morning.

I remember our daily phone calls after that. I remember bouncing up and down when you told me that your first internship was in Maryland.I remember when, after 2 months, you finally told me that you liked me. I remember waiting for 2 weeks and a half an hour, anxiously waiting to know, and praying that you wouldn't be afraid to date me.

I remember my dad telling me of his first meeting with you. I remember the first time I had dinner with your parents. I remember learning about why you were so afraid to date me, and how my dad encouraged you not to be afraid of becoming like your parents. Remember, in my dictionary, divorce is not a word. :)

Haha, I remember taking you ice skating. I remember your awkward laugh. I remember when you couldn't decide whether or not we should hold hands. I remember the day I knew that I loved you. I remember the day you told me you loved me. (Mind you, these were two separate days, far apart from each other.) I remember waaaay back when, thinking you were perfect, lol. I did, I really did. But, you know, I am not disappointed one bit that you're not perfect, that you're not what I expected when we started to become interested in each other. In fact, I am so soooo happy (I'm smiling now) that you're not that, because God gave me the unpredictable. And He made me anxious to learn more and more about you. Even the bad parts, they kind of shape who you are. The good parts of course too. :) Because I see you grow daily and become more mature in your faith in God, in your love for me, in your care for your friends, in your devotion to your family. I am so glad that I have a companion who is so similar, and yet, so completely different from me, that makes me love you in a way that i really can't describe. (Like, I'm not sure how to put it to words.)

I think back to the days when it got really hard, those days when we were arguing every single night, and I wonder how we got through those. Josh, its a miracle. Crap, I'm crying, lol. Its a miracle, a gift from God that we're still together after all of that. I don't even remember how we came about stopping the arguments. So all I can do is thank the Lord that He kept us together. God really is so good. :)

Oh Joshua Highfield, I love you so very much!
Happy 18 months darling, would you mind if we had more?

No comments:

Post a Comment