Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Deceit

As it twirls your hair with its finger,
deceit forms a convincing grin.
Its eyes are too beautiful to look past.
You've ceased your gaze upon its black lips.
With those same lips, it lays down on your skin.
Its kiss is wonderful.

This kiss was never reserved for you.
Nor any other woman.
It was reserved for his own pleasure.
To be given to anything he desires.
Human or not.
This kiss; the man's revolver.
Shooting down the innocence
of those who come too close.

Deceit is no hero.
Deceit is not brave.
No, deceit is cunning.
It lurks behind your good intentions
of love, of joy, of commitment.
Deceit gets its way,
As I try to live without,
It's found another way to win.

Deceit is a person
of modest appearance,
of likeable style,
and of thoughtful remarks.
Yet, it is a liar.
A body with no soul,
It searches for others',
And steals them swiftly.

Once you've noticed,
you're too late.
Deceit has taken what he wants,
and left you with nothing.
Deceit undermines your relationships,
your friendships, and your life.
Where once was potential,
is now a briefcase full of regret.
Do you regret who you've betrayed?

Oh God, this apathy,
a result of deceit's long story,
ruins my heart.
Can I feel you once more?
Can you save me from these daggers,
the pains of guilt and regret?

May my punishment
be effective,
and may it cut straight to my heart.
A lifetime of earthly pain
pales when compared to an eternity of joy.
Sanctify me through my brokenness.
May I rejoice when the hurt cuts deep!
May I love the cleansing embers!

Oh God, fill this shell
with hope,
and with gratitude.
May it last.
May I feel it forever!
Help me to turn from this,
my struggle.
My deceit.

No comments:

Post a Comment