It's easy to make excuses, to say that I'm to busy for Him. I could have said, I'm too busy or too tired to write this blog tonight. After all, I do have to wake up at 6 tomorrow morning.
Life is busy. Deal with it.
If I kept on making excuses like this, when would I ever set aside time for God? Time to just talk with Him and spend time with him? I don't think I would.
I'll give you the example of practicing voice. Last semester, I would always put practicing voice up to the last minute, saying, other things, other assignments are more important now so I need to finish them first. Even these past two days have been like this because of the research paper I had to write. If life is this busy, when will I ever run out of things to do?
I think what I need to do is put God higher on my priority list, and not just say, oh, well I'll talk to Him at the end of the day, when I'm not busy anymore. That's the last think I should do. I should be talking to Him in the midst of the business, and relying on Him when things get tough.
And it helps to set aside some time for just me and Him. Driving my car to and from school has become a joy for me! While I'm listening to the praise music on the radio, I'm talking to God and spilling my thoughts and concerns out to Him. And you know what? That always makes my day so much better!
I can even learn to set aside more time for God. Its worth it, because it changes my whole outlook on my day, and really my whole outlook on life.
Pursue God, and He will give you peace. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment