Call it a love letter,
Call it what you will.
I caution, what proceeds
Is not pretty; it doesn’t fill
A desire or a dream,
More like a lust, or scheme.
My love has never been under such attack
If I could, I would turn back.
My love, my darling, how could it be?
That my care, my concern, I could no longer see.
My sin will be the death of me,
My father judges equally.
How could one sin,
One taste of lust,
Make me stray away,
And destroy our trust?
It’s easy, when you think,
(These words, let them sink),
My heart desires not the best,
But only what my God detest.
To deny all that I’ve ever loved,
To throw away my one beloved.
My sin will be the death of me,
My father judges equally.
How could my life,
Just turn around?
My God, please answer,
If only a sound…
Please help, please cure,
Please make me something pure.
May I not grow ugly in your sight,
A life of faith, that is my plight!
Please help, I do not understand.
Oh Lord, you are so grand.
To listen to this worthless boy,
To grant him peace, and give him joy.
My sin will be the death of me,
My father judges equally.
No longer will it be my cry,
As I now surely know,
My God has done such great things
From above, to here below.
He’s chased away my evil lusts.
He’s taken me, reduced to dust,
Plagued to a life of reckless sin,
He no longer cares just where I’ve been.
My life starts fresh, I am brand new!
I’m part of a family, a precious few.
My sin won’t be the death of me,
My father pardons, quite justly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment